Duke Nursing is more than just the collective resources of our world-class facilities, or the life-saving research and care we provide across 112 areas of specialty.
The real difference at Duke lies in the shared spirit and commitment of our people. Duke Medicine is a family of nurses, physicians and health care professionals individuals, with one unified mission, vision and values.
The Duke Medicine Mission
Our mission is to provide exceptional and innovative care to our patients, families and communities, through the finest integration of clinical care, education and research, while respecting the needs of the human spirit.
The Duke Medicine Vision
Duke Medicine seeks to transform health care, teaching and research to benefit society. We believe we can accomplish this vision by:
- Offering exceptional patient- and family-centered care
- Providing the finest environment for clinical education
- Improving the health of our community through clinical research
- Creating a collaborative work culture that brings out the best in each of us
- Supporting the communities we serve
- Investing in technologies, tools, infrastructure and our people – the true foundation of our success
Our Core Value: Caring for Our Patients, Their Loved Ones and Each Other.
At Duke Medicine, we collectively and individually hold the highest regard for: