Why Duke Nursing? For the opportunity to join one of America's premier health care networks. For the opportunity to put your skills and talents to work where they can make the greatest difference. But most of all, for the Opportunities for a Lifetime you'll only find here.
The reasons to choose a career with Duke Nursing are as plentiful as the resources and opportunities we provide, including:
- Our uniquely collaborative culture, and patient-centered approach to care
- Superior quality of care, in 112 medical and surgical sub-specialties
- Our state-of-the-art facilities
- Unmatched innovation and leadership in scientific and biomedical research
- Benefits designed to recognize and retain the industry's best nursing talent
- Professional development programs to maximize your skills and advance your career
Healthy Work Environment
- Safety – for patients and employees alike - is a top priority at Duke Medicine. We've implemented a comprehensive minimal manual lift program that enhances safety for our staff and patients in patient care.
- The program includes equipment, tools and nursing policies for all patient activity levels to reduce manual lifting and the risk of injury.
- A safe and healthy work environment is all of our responsibility. It is a critical part of our culture at Duke Medicine to promptly report accidents and incidents using the proper channels; correct or report safety hazards; use protective equipment; and keep areas free of spills and unsecure materials.