DUKE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL
2301 Erwin Road
Durham, NC 27710
Duke Children's Hospital & Health Center provides total health care for children from birth to young adulthood, distinguished by state-of-the-art capabilities in more than 25 pediatric specialties. Duke pediatric physicians and researchers have pioneered numerous advances in pediatric care, including:
- The world's first umbilical cord blood transplant
- The early use of AZT in children with HIV
- Bone marrow transplants for children with severe combined immunodeficiency disease
- The discovery of a lifesaving treatment for patients with Pompe disease
Duke Children's Hospital & Health Center is a proud member of the Duke Medicine system, dedicated specifically to caring for children from birth through young adulthood. Our child-focused, family-friendly facility provides the most advanced technology and compassion care for young patients – and a lifetime of opportunities for our skilled pediatric nurses and professionals.
Our internationally-renowned Duke Children's Hospital & Health Center facility features:
- 151 beds, plus neonatal and pediatric intensive care units (NICU & PICU)
- Comprehensive medical/surgical inpatient services for infants, children and adolescents
- Disease prevention and wellness
- Outpatient services available through affiliated facilities such as Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, the McGovern-Davison Children's Health Center, and our Lenox Baker facility in Durham
A career as a Duke Nurse comes with many benefits, including enjoying life in and around North Carolina's Triangle; a beautiful metropolitan area incorporating the cities of Durham, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Cary.
Just 30 minutes from Raleigh-Durham International Airport, the city of Durham is within easy driving distance from North Carolina's majestic mountains to the west, and picturesque Atlantic coast to the east. And with its wealth of educational, recreational and cultural amenities, it's easy to see why the quality of life in Durham is consistently rated among the nation's best by leading publications such as Money magazine and U.S. News and World Report.