Among the world's most comprehensive and respected heart programs, Duke Heart has pioneered many milestones that are now global standards of cardiac care. Duke Heart’s team of specialists treats more than 65,000 people with heart disease every year. Our patients' high survival rates, the number of heart procedures we perform, and our comprehensive support services explain why we’ve been a top 10 program for the last 20 years.
What sets Duke Heart apart from other programs:
- Offers comprehensive cardiac services, from prevention to rehabilitation programs
- Has one of the country’s largest Mechanical Circulatory Support and Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) Programs, as well as minimally-invasive coronary and valve procedures
- Includes state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment facilities such as the Duke Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Center, adult and pediatric cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology labs
- Recognized among the best and largest heart transplant programs in the country; based on the number of transplants we perform, our transplant rates, and post-transplant survival rates
- Participates in national clinical trials and performs the most advanced treatment methods using the latest technology available
- Home to the Duke Databank for Cardiovascular Disease, containing decades of cardiac outcomes information