- Requisition Number: 14085
- Department: PRMO
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: Full Time
PRMO:, established in 2001, Patient Revenue Management Organization (PRMO) is a fully integrated, centralized revenue cycle organization supporting all of Duke Health, including Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, the Private Diagnostic Clinic, and Duke PrimaryCare. The PRMO focuses on streamlining the revenue cycle through enhanced management of scheduling, registration, coding, HIM operations, billing, collections, cash management, and customer service. The Mission of the PRMO is delivering quality service by enhancing the patient experience, providing financial security, and preserving Duke’s reputation and mission of advancing health together. Our Vision is to be recognized as a world class innovative revenue cycle organization that values our people, patients and performance.
The Administrative Assistant, PRMO, assists directors or other group of professionals by providing high-level administrative support. The administrative assistant is regularly required to resolve moderately complex (non-routine) administrative problems independently or with others. Problem resolution may include research. Tasks are typically diverse and advanced.
- Schedule and maintain a challenging calendar of appointments and meetings. Schedule travel itineraries, and coordinate related arrangements for director and other departmental members.
- Anticipates director or departmental needs and proactively bring together the appropriate individuals and resources in support of the leader or department.
- Prioritize and resolve inquiries (phone, e-mail, in-person).
- Respond to requests for information and provide assistance as appropriate.
- Order office supplies for department.
- Prepare agendas and draft minutes for key PRMO meetings as assigned.
- Plan and assist with departmental space planning, departmental relocations, and other facility needs.
- Maintain daily tracking of facility service requests and coordinate with onsite maintenance representative.
- Draft internal and external communication based on knowledge of PRMO operations and research involving communicating with various staff levels.
- Provide daily backup assistance for lobby reception is including customer service related work , and interacting with patients.
- Provide full time backup for receptionist and other administrative support positions during absences (scheduled and unscheduled). Staff member will assist and independently prepare presentations as directed.
Budget and Financial Management:
- Assist with budget planning and development by researching assigned budget items. Routinely reconcile and clear procurement card expenses.
- Create, document, and manage clearance of travel expenses in SAP.
- Create and process all routine check requests and expense forms for department.
- Provide backup for payroll functions as assigned to include timekeeping for biweekly and/or monthly staff.
Administrative Duties (non-routine):
- Coordinate and complete special projects in dependently or in cooperation with other groups as assigned.
- Prepare onboarding packages for director or other departmental profession also, including paperwork, badge activation, and orientation booklet . Develop advanced presentation materials, including PowerPoint presentations, as directed. Serve as primary liaison for department on all facility related issues. Interprets departmental policies and procedures and make decisions on specific operating issues ba sed on knowledge of the organization and departmental guidelines. < span> Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Assist planning and executing PRMO wide events for staff.
- Determine administrative needs for conferences, meetings, retreats, seminars or other related high-level activity where department or leadership is in charge of event.
- Collaborate with external vendors, entities and internal support services to assemble and arrange for necessary items.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Two years of administrative support experience of increasing variety and/or complexity
Job Code: 00004001 ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Job Level: C2
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.