- Requisition Number: 200549
- Department: DUKE PRIMARY CARE
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Specialty: Advanced Practice
- Employment Status: Full Time
Duke Primary Care Duke Primary Care is a broad network of community-based clinics that offer family medicine, internal medicine, pediatric, and urgent care services. With 400 providers in nearly 50 locations, Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle. Our network saw more than 750,000 patient encounters in fiscal year 2021.
Our Duke Primary Care clinics provide personalized care for adults and children, from sick visits to preventive care, health screenings to immunizations, and annual exams to chronic disease management. Select primary care clinics also provide behavioral health, diabetes education, pharmacy, and other population health services. Duke Primary Care clinics are accredited and designated a Primary Care Medical Home by The Joint Commission.
Our Duke Urgent Care centers offer evaluation and treatment for minor illnesses and injuries 12 hours a day, seven days a week when a patientâ€™s primary care provider is not available. Services also include certain physical exams and vaccinations. A pediatric specialist is available at select locations. Patients can walk in to one of our nine urgent care centers located throughout the greater Triangle or can schedule a virtual visit to receive care from the comfort of home.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Duke Urgent Care
Duke Urgent Care Advanced Practice Practitioner (APP):
Duke Urgent Care Job Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited physician assistant or family nurse practitioner program.
- Board certification as a Physician Assistant (PA-C) or Family Nurse Practitioner. (FNP)
- Obtain license to practice in NC as a PA or NP
- Satisfy medical staff credentialing/privileging process.
- BLS Certification required to hire; ACLS and PALS also required upon hire or soon thereafter
- Candidate must be licensed to care for all ages.
- Ability and willingness to work weekend and holiday work as required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- DOT Medical Examiner Licensure obtained prior to starting employment or within first year of employment.
Preferred Qualifications for Applicants:
- At least 2 years of experience working as an Physician Assistant or Nurse practitioner.
- Prior experience working in an emergent, urgent or primary care (can be NP or PA experience but will also consider related experience, e.g., RN, EMT, paramedic etc.)
- Training and/or experience performing procedures (ex: sutures, casts, splints, I&D, etc.).
- Familiarity working with an electronic medical record (Epic preferred).
- Rotating 12 hour shifts, 8am - 8pm. Includes Weekends and Holidays. Schedules are created 3 months in advance.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.