- Requisition Number: 401562712
- Department: PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
- Location: Raleigh
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: First/Day
Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in a multi-specialty ambulatory Pediatric clinic setting in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
1. Clinic duties may include but not limited to:
Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in a multi-specialty ambulatory Pediatric setting, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures, under the supervision of the nurse manager or HCA.
Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for nursing care, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and patient responses.
Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources. Make ordering requests to NM.
Specific duties include:
Intake patients and recording vital signs
Administer oral, IM, subcutaneous and intradermal medications
Obtain and transmit 12 lead EKGs
Rotate between the different Pediatric specialties: Allergy/Immunology, Pulmonary, Cardiology, Endocrine, Gastroenterology, Urology, Nephrology, Pediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Genetics, Infectious Disease and maintain competencies to work in these areas
Maintain POCT competencies
Assist in the maintenance of the physical environment of the clinic
Assist other nursing personnel (licensed and unlicensed) in the delivery of patient care – delegating tasks and supervising activities
Assisting physicians with procedures (Circumcisions, Anorectal Manometry)
Performing patient testing when necessary (Allergy skin testing, Pulmonary Function testing, POCT)
Participate and evaluate the effectiveness of patient and family teaching
Complete RL6 when necessary
2. Participate in own professional development by obtaining 18 hours of continuing education contact hours in past 12 months. Maintains required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance
Obtain Professional Certification
3. Participate in clinic educational opportunities and clinic staff meetings
4. Actively participates in clinic staff meetings and clinic committees
5. Participates in clinic or entity level performance improvement activities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Pediatric experience is preferred
• Ambulatory care experience is preferred
• Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively
• Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, health care team, physicians, administrators, leadership and other.
Pediatric experience preferred
Ambulatory Care experience preferred
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina.
BLS certification required.
Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
Must travel between locations on needed basis.
Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
Must be able to push/pull 30 lbs.
Must be able to carry 30 lbs.
Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.