- Requisition Number: 1294
- Department: PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
- Location: Raleigh
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: Full Time
- Specialty: Ambulatory Care/Hospital Based Clinics
Duke Neurosurgery- Raleigh
To plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in a neurology ambulatory clinic setting in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
1. Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in ambulatory settings, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures, under the supervision of the nurse manager, charge nurse or practice manager.
2. Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for nursing care plans, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and patient responses.
3. Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers.
4. Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of patient care and serve as a team leader.
5. Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources.
6. Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
7. Support the development of other staff and formal learners. Participate in the identification of clinical, operational and safety related performance improvement opportunities.
8. Participate in clinic or entity level performance improvement activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, team members, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
• Ability to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
• Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment and follow up.
• Ability to record activities, document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status using computer documentation tools.
• Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively with providers and staff.
Graduation from an accredited BSN or Associates Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program required. All registered nurses without a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At a manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS required.
Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
Must travel between locations on needed basis.
Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Ambulatory Care/Hospital Based Clinics