- Requisition Number: 156088
- Department: DUKE PRIMARY CARE
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Specialty: Ambulatory Care/Hospital Based Clinics
- Employment Status: Full Time
Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in 34 locations throughout the Triangle.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a MagnetÂ® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolinaâ€™s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
CLINICAL NURSE II - DUKE PRIMARY CARE CROASDAILE URGENT CARE-Three 12 hour shifts with rotating weekends and holidays and additional hours as required by the clinic (FT)
Independently plan and provide professional nursing care to the work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of scope of the registered nurse, licensed care for patients in ambulatory clinic settings in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures.
- Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN is defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in ambulatory settings, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures, under the supervision of the nurse manager, charge nurse or practice manager.
- Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for nursing care plans, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and patient responses.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of patient care and serve as a team leader.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal learners.
- Participate in the identification of clinical, operational and safety related performance improvement opportunities.
- Participate in clinic or entity level performance improvement activities.
- Perform other related duties in practical nurse and all unlicensed assistive personnel.
- Knowledge of and appropriate application of the nursing process.
- Knowledge of professional theory, practice and procedures
- Ability to assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients and their families.
- Ability to independently seek resources and work collaboratively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others Ability to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
- Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up.
- Ability to use fine motor skills.
- Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support requirements designated by work area or organization.
- Ability to record activities, document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status.
- Ability to use the computer and learn new software programs.
- Ability to document and communicate pertinent information using computer and/or paper documentation tools.
- Ability to navigate the entity to provide clinical care for patients.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking with the ability to move or lift at least fifty pounds.
- Ability to remain focused and organized.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to ambulatory patients.
- Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safe ty precautions.
- Working knowledge and completion of appropriate TJC and other regulatory requirements.
- Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
- All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
- Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required.
- At a manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
- Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Ambulatory Care/Hospital Based Clinics