- Requisition Number: 401560331
- Department: DUKE RALEIGH HOSPITAL
- Location: Raleigh
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: First/Day
Duke University Health System- Duke Raleigh Hospital seeks to hire a Clinical Nurse (RN) who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Neuro IR/Vascular Radiology Unit at Duke Raleigh Hospital is a procedural area that performs procedures such as: mechanical thrombectomies, thrombolysis, port placement and removal, Kyphoplasty, lumbar drains, g-tube placement and exchange, IVC filter placement and removal, temp cath/HD line placement, Y-90 (phase 1 & 2), nephrostomy tube placement, pleurx drain placement, uterine fibroid embolization, and transjugular liver biopsy. We assist with a wide variety of procedures in both the IR suite and Cath Lab. New staff have the opportunity to also work as part of the Radiology Nursing/PICC Team. The Radiology Nursing/PICC Team nurses help the entire hospital with difficult IVs, PICC lines, moderate sedation in the Radiology procedural areas, and they do screening phone calls for patients prior to their procedure.
Neuro IR/Vascular and the Radiology Nursing/PICC Team is comprised of a diverse workforce that strives for excellence. Nurses have the opportunity to learn and advance their skills. We believe in Teamwork, collaboration, and continuous learning. And patient safety is our #1 priority!
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full Time: 5 8-hour days
Duke Nursing Highlights:
· All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
· Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
· Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
· Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
· Relocation Assistance!
· Tuition Reimbursement!
As a Clinical Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Clinical Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
· Previous work experience (1+ years) as a clinical nurse is required.
· Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
· Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
· BLS (or higher) certification required.
· Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required:
Click here for more information