- Requisition Number: 401519446
- Department: DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: Weekend
- Specialty: HomeCare & Hospice
Work Schedule: This is a part-time work schedule not to exceed 20 hours per week.
Occupational Summary: Coordinate and participate in a variety of administrative and/or clinical activities related to a specific program or hospital unit within Nursing Services; coordinate staff involved in program activities and develop policies and procedures consistent with program objectives.
- Coordinate operational activities of assigned program or hospital unit; make recommendations on specific operating problems and issue instructions in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist in the planning, development and implementation of goals and objectives of assigned program or unit in conjunction with appropriate division director and/or department head; evaluate program objectives on a continual basis; recommend changes to existing policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Participate in establishing and maintaining communication between ancillary departments and physicians, nursing personnel and other health care professionals regarding program and/or unit policies and procedures.
- Plan and conduct meetings with staff members involved in program activities to ensure compliance with established practices and keep employees abreast of current standards; develop, in conjunction with others, appropriate training and employee orientation programs.
- Assist in the selection, provision and control of resources required for subsequent performance of duties to include equipment, supplies, space and facilities; establish standards to ensure cost containment and to optimize working environment.
- Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and other related activities.
- Compile and maintain records, reports and documentation of program and/or unit activities to be used for program evaluation.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Level Characteristics N/A HomeCare & Hospice