- Requisition Number: 159152
- Department: DUKE HOSPITAL
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Specialty: Licensed Practical Nurse
- Employment Status: Full Time
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a MagnetÂ® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolinaâ€™s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
**** Newly Hired LPNs (with at least one year LPN experience) will be eligible to receive a $3,000 sign-on bonus that will be paid out over two years (must start employment between November 1st, 2021 and April 30, 2022) ****
Duke University Hospital Perianesthesia (Adult PreOp, Pediatric PreOp & PACU, and PostOp/PACU) seeks to hire a Licensed Practical Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
With over 26,000 patient visits per year, Duke University Hospital’s Perianesthesia Department provides world-renowned patient and family centered care. With strengths in teamwork, inter-disciplinary collaboration, and professional respect, we offer a dynamic environment for professional development.
The successful applicant for this position will need phone/interpersonal skills along with multi-disciplinary communication skills to complete PreOp and PostOp calls to patients, families, various hospital units, doctors/surgeons and other medical providers.
Shift: Full-time, Monday - Friday, 0900am/0930am start-times (Five, 8hr shifts) - no weekends with limited holiday call requirements.
We are seeking a talented, energetic and professional LPN who can multi-task, is punctual, is a team player and provides exceptional customer service and patient care!
- Assume responsibilities for direct nursing care of assigned patients under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician in patient care area.
- Administer medications, IV medications/fluids and special nursing care techniques prescribed for assigned patients.
- Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the LPN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Maintain required records.
- Report patient response to care to a registered nurse for evaluation, intervention and modification of the plan of care.
- Assist other health care personnel in the delivery of patient care.
- Assist physicians and other nursing personnel in the performance of various diagnostic procedures.
- Evaluate nursing care with emphasis on nursing procedures and patient responses; assist in the delivery of nursing care and selection of nursing priorities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of general policies and procedures to provide for the emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients; participate in the formulation of new policies.
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including equipment and other material resources.
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational performance improvement opportunities and assists in performance improvement activities.
- Assist with control of material resources and maintenance; assist in appraisal of effectiveness of material and equipment and report any equipment malfunctions to charge nurse.
- Participate in in-service education programs and other conferences within the service.
- Assist in the training of new employees.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Graduation from an Accredited Practical Nurse Program.
- Current State of North Carolina LPN licensure is required.
- 1+ years of previous LPN experience is preferred.
- BLS certification is required.
- Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Licensed Practical Nurse