- Requisition Number: 143748
- Department: DUKE PRIMARY CARE
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Specialty: Licensed Practical Nurse
- Employment Status: Full Time
Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in 34 locations throughout the Triangle.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a MagnetÂ® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolinaâ€™s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
LPN-DUKE PRIMARY CARE- CLINIC EXPERIENCE A PLUS (Rotating Saturdays 8-12pm, required)-$3k Sign-On Bonus
DUKE PRIMARY CARE- DURHAM PEDIATRICSis interested in hiring a talented, energetic, professional, Licensed Practical Nurse who can multi-task, provide exceptional customer service, is punctual and a team player. We offer exceptional benefits and career growth opportunities with this world-class healthcare provider.
If you are seeking new opportunities and feel you are a great fit, please apply on the www.dukecareers.org website. We ask that you submit an updated resume and include all of your healthcare experience.
Assume responsibilities for direct nursing care of assigned patients under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician in patient care area. Administer medications and special nursing care techniques prescribed for assigned patients. Provides nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the LPN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Administer medications as prescribed by physician and employ special nursing care techniques as required; administer intravenous medications and fluids as directed; maintain required records.
- Provide and document direct nursing care of assigned patients under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician.
- Nursing care is guided by the physician orders and the nursing plan of care.
- Patient response to care is reported to a registered nurse for evaluation, intervention and modification of the plan of care.
- Assist other health care personnel in the delivery of patient care.
- Assist physicians and other nursing personnel in the performance of various diagnostic procedures.
- Evaluate nursing care with emphasis on nursing procedures and patient responses; assist in the delivery of nursing care and selection of nursing priorities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of general policies and procedures to provide for the emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients; participate in the formulation of new policies.
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including equipment and other material resources.
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational performance improvement opportunities and assists in performance improvement activities.
- Assist with control of material resources and maintenance; assist in appraisal of effectiveness of material and equipment and report any equipment malfunctions to charge nurse.
- Participate in in-service education programs and other conferences within the service. Assist in the training of new employees.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of scope of licensed practical nurse, ability to delegate to nursing support staff.
- Considerable knowledge of the care and treatment of patients and special procedures that apply to practical nursing.
- Able to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Able to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others. Able to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
- Able to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up.
- Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support requirements designated by work area or organization.
- Use fine motor skills.
- Record activities, document interventions.
- Use computer and learn new software programs.
- Navigate the entity to provide clinical care for patients.
- Able to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Able to remain focused and organized.
- Knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and safety precautions applicable to work in a hospital.
- Knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Working knowledge and completion of appropriate JCAHO and other regulatory requirements.
Duke Health Highlights:
In addition to our three hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in nearly 30 locations throughout the region.
Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing
Required: Click here for more information
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Licensed Practical Nurse