- Requisition Number: 173607
- Department: DUKE PRIMARY CARE
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Specialty: Licensed Practical Nurse
- Employment Status: Full Time
Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in 34 locations throughout the Triangle.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a MagnetÂ® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolinaâ€™s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
LPN-DUKE PRIMARY CARE- Sage Road Internal Medicine Chapel Hill-$3k Sign-on Bonus
Schedule-Monday through Friday, 8a-5pm with additional hours as required by the clinic; No Weekends
- DUKE PRIMARY CARE is interested in hiring a talented, energetic, professional, Licensed Practical Nurse’s who can multi-task, provide exceptional customer service, be punctual and a team player.
- We offer exceptional benefits and career growth opportunities for world-class healthcare provider (www.hr.duke.edu//medicalbenefits.edu)
- If you seek new opportunities and are a great fit, apply on www.dukecareers.edu website
- Roles may be telephone triage while others offer a hands-on patient interfacing role.
- Submit a completed and updated resume; include all of your healthcare experience i.e include any Nursing Assistant experience, education and complete healthcare related experience
- Administer meds and intravenous medications and fluids as prescribed by physician
- Provide/document direct nursing care of patients under supervision of a nurse/physician
- Nursing care is guided by the physician orders and the nursing plan of care
- Patient response to care is reported to a registered nurse for evaluation, intervention and modification of the plan of care
- Assist health care personnel’s in the delivery of patient care
- Assist physicians in the performance of diagnostic procedures
- Evaluate nursing care with emphasis on nursing procedures and patient responses; assist in the delivery of nursing care and selection of nursing priorities
- Assist in development and implementation of general policies and procedures to provide for the emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients; participate in the formulation of new policies
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including equipment and other material resources
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational performance improvement opportunities and assists in performance improvement activities
- Assist with control of material resources and maintenance; report any equipment malfunctions to charge nurse
- Participate in in-service education programs and other conferences within the service; assist in the training of new employees
- Perform other related duties
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Licensed Practical Nurse