- Requisition Number: 401531664
- Department: PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: First/Day
The Duke Smoking Cessation Program is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to support clinic workflow and care for adults who require tobacco use treatment. The CMA will work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health care team (APP and LCSW) to support direct patient care services for patients. This position will float between four locations: Duke Raleigh, Brier Creek, South Durham, and Hock Plaza.
- Perform intake with patients to include vital signs, visit information, and other clinical information as indicated
- Review education information with patients and families related to smoking cessation
- Clean and stock rooms
- Stock and maintain inventory of patient care supplies and linens
- Triage administrative tasks such as patient supply forms, prescription refills and other triage tasks as needed
- Participates in quality improvement projects
- Maintain clinical environment to meet JCAHO and OSHA regulations
- Greet patients, answer telephones, schedule appointments and referrals
- Other duties as delegated by Health Center Administrator, Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse, Provider or others as delegated by leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
List factors that identify the better candidates from a group of people who meet the minimum qualifications.
- Desire to work with patient population with need or desire to quit smoking.
- Prior experience working in a busy clinic with clinical research involvement
- Excellent customer service
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
High school or GED graduation required. Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Previous experience with a psychiatric or addictions population preferred.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Certification by AAMA or AMT required. Current BLS through the American Heart Association required. Certified as a Tobacco Treatment Specialist (CTTS) or eligible for certification, including being at least 6 months tobacco free and remaining tobacco free for the duration of employment.
Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment. Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours. Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation. Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies. Must travel between locations on needed basis. Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities. Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time. Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations. Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day. Must be able to lift 15 lbs. Must be able to push/pull 15 lbs. Must be able to carry 15 lbs. Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.