- Requisition Number: 401522984
- Department: DUKE PRIMARY CARE
- Location: Hillsborough
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: First/Day
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full-Time Day Shift
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
- Competitive Wages! Excellent benefits to include Tuition Reimbursement!
- Professional advancement opportunities through our Clinical Ladder Program
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle! Work and live in your own community.
Assume responsibilities for direct nursing care of assigned patients under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician in patient care area. Administer medications and special nursing care techniques prescribed for assigned patients. Provides nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the LPN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Administer medications as prescribed by physician and employ special nursing care techniques as required; administer intravenous medications and fluids as directed; maintain required records.
- Provide and document direct nursing care of assigned patients under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician.
- Nursing care is guided by the physician orders and the nursing plan of care.
- Patient response to care is reported to a registered nurse for evaluation, intervention and modification of the plan of care.
- Assist other health care personnel in the delivery of patient care.
- Assist physicians and other nursing personnel in the performance of various diagnostic procedures.
- Evaluate nursing care with emphasis on nursing procedures and patient responses; assist in the delivery of nursing care and selection of nursing priorities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of general policies and procedures to provide for the emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients; participate in the formulation of new policies.
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including equipment and other material resources.
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational performance improvement opportunities and assists in performance improvement activities.
- Assist with control of material resources and maintenance; assist in appraisal of effectiveness of material and equipment and report any equipment malfunctions to charge nurse.
- Participate in in-service education programs and other conferences within the service. Assist in the training of new employees.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Knowledge of scope of licensed practical nurse, ability to delegate to nursing support staff.
- Considerable knowledge of the care and treatment of patients and special procedures that apply to practical nursing.
- Able to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Able to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others. Able to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
- Able to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up.
- Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support requirements designated by work area or organization.
- Able to use fine motor skills.
- Able to record activities, document interventions.
- Able to use computer and learn new software programs.
- Able to navigate the entity to provide clinical care for patients.
- Able to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Able to remain focused and organized.
- Working knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and safety precautions applicable to work in a hospital.
- Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Working knowledge and completion of appropriate JCAHO and other regulatory requirements.
Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required:
Click here for more information
Duke Health Highlights:
In addition to our three hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in nearly 30 locations throughout the region.