- Requisition Number: 38441
- Department: DUKE PRIMARY CARE
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: Full Time
Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in 34 locations throughout the Triangle.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
NURSE MANAGER-SOUTH DURHAM MEDICINE
- Manage an coordinate patient care and personnel needs in a DUHS Clinic
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate ambulatory health care services, programs and activities
- Work Performed-manage multi-specialty nursing services delivered within a specific described herein, patients, staff
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work resolution .clinic.
- Manage various personnel actions including, but not limited to hiring, orientation, performance appraisals, promotions and scheduling; and counsel and conduct formal discipline of clinical
- Collaborate in the development, implementation and expansion of learning opportunities and skill development for all
- Analyze, develop and maintain an effective and efficient nursing care delivery system that reflects patient and family needs across the continuum ;achieving desired outcomes
- Promote education for patients, patient families and the community; participate in direct patient care activities as a targeted strategy for role modeling or information gathering
- Collaborate with nursing colleagues in ambulatory care to promote optimal utilization of nursing resources among the various clinics
- Identify clinical operational needs; manage appropriate level of equipment and supplies and monitors equipment maintenance
- Assess the environment and make re commendations to ensure optimal patient comfort, safety and compliance with various regulatory bodies (OSHA, JCAHO, etc.)
- Collaborate with Health Center Administrator/Nurse Manager in determining the fiscal requirements of the specific clinic; submit budgetary recommendations, including necessary nursing personnel and patient care materials necessary for the provision of care
- Cultivate exemplary customer service throughout the organization; promote effective communication skills to include, but not limited to problem solving, assertiveness, and support for team members, feedback, active listening and conflict Develop and implement processes to enhance clinic operations and practices for ongoing quality improvement
- Develop, document, implement and monitor written policies and procedures reflective of the ambulatory health care site mission settlement and objectives
- Manage specific clinic in absence of HealthCare Administrator/Practice Manager; and be available on-call for emergencies involving the facility, staff members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Clinical Quality Management and Service management skills
- Orientation, Accountability, Planning, prioritization and time
- Problem solving and innovation
- Initiative financial savvy
- Active Listening, effective communication; identifying and recruiting top talent
- Develop and retain talent
- Showing support- teambuilding, conflict prevention and management
- Motivating and influencing managing vision and purpose
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements including North Carolina Nurse Practice Act Level Characteristics
Education-Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required. Master's degree in Nursing strongly preferred.
Experience-Three years of nursing experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
- Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BCLS certification required
- Nurses hired into leadership positions must obtain a leadership certification within three months of hire
- New nurse leaders who are ineligible to sit for an exam because they have not been working in a leadership role for the minimum amount of time required must complete their certification within three months of becoming eligible
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.