- Requisition Number: 154468
- Department: DUKE HOSPITAL
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Specialty: Nursing Leadership
- Employment Status: Full Time
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a MagnetÂ® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolinaâ€™s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Clinical Lead RN – Duke University Hospital – ICN - DAYS
Duke University Health System- Duke University Hospital seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Intensive Care Nursery at Duke University Hospital is comprised of a 67-bed Intensive Care Nursery. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.
This unit provides care for more than 900 infants each year.
- The renovated unit opened in 2010 with 52 Level IV beds and 15 Level II beds.
- Over 900 admissions/year from the southeast and worldwide.
- High-frequency ventilation, inhaled nitric oxide, hypothermia treatment
- Focus on extremely low birth weight patients and their families.
- Expertise in the care of extremely low birth weight infants, preemies, and infants with persistent pulmonary hypertension and congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
Ideal candidates will be able to function as a part of a large multidisciplinary team in a shared governance environment and have a passion for developmental and family-centered care.
Intensive Care Nursery experience required; level III or level IV acuity level. CTL Work together to schedule 13 charge shifts in an 8 week period. 8 total CTLS (4 days 4 nights), preferences: Charge RN, CN3 demonstrated , leadership in unit activities, ICN experience, strong communication, flexibility, leadership experiences, independent worker to drive their own committees and independent work.
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full Time: Mostly Days (7A -7P) 50% Clinical 50% administrative; 40 hours per week (including weekends)
The Clinical Lead RN is a role developed to work in coordination with the nursing leadership in an assigned unit or department to ensure the work is accomplished effectively. The Clinical Lead RN is the first line of support for staff, physicians, and other related providers on service-specific clinical issues. The Clinical Lead RN is generally a long-term role, requiring clinical and interpersonal skills. The Clinical Lead RN collaborates with the manager on clinical and non-clinical issues (employee relations, individual behaviors, physician relationships, etc.). The Clinical Lead RN is the support for the unit/department/service when the manager is unavailable. The Clinical Team Leader is responsible for supervising, directing, coaching, and mentoring their assigned core group of staff.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Requires three years of nursing experience.
- BSN required.
- In addition to the education and experience described above, incumbents must meet all requirements set forth by the Clinical Ladder Committee in Nursing for Clinical Nurse/Ambulatory Care Nurse IV within one year of appointment.
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
BLS (or higher) certification required.
Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required:
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.