- Requisition Number: 193220
- Department: DUKE HOSPITAL
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Specialty: Nursing Leadership
- Employment Status: Full Time
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Duke University Health System seeks to hire a Nurse Manager, Operations for Pediatric Cardiac Cath/EP Lab and Pediatric Echo Lab who will embrace our mission of Transforming Lives Transforming Care.
The Pediatric Cardiac Cath/EP lab is a state-of-the-art lab with a team of 20 employees. The Pediatric Echo lab serves inpatient and outpatient pediatric patients. We are currently looking for a nurse leader who can guide our talented team in delivering exemplary care to each patient.
The right individual for this role will:
- Have demonstrated leadership experience through prior management, team lead or charge nursing roles.
- Possess a willingness to be flexible to meet the changing needs of our patients, their families, and our outstanding team.
- Collaborate effectively with all members of our multi-disciplinary team.
- Show creativity in thinking about how to solve operational problems.
As part of our health system’s continued focus on developing leaders throughout our organization, nursing leaders are required to obtain one of these credentials offered through professional nursing organizations:
- Nurse Executive Advanced, Board Certified (NE-BC or NEA-BC)
- Certified Nurse Managers and Leaders (CNML)
- Certified Executive Nursing Practice (CENP)
External Hires: New Hires must obtain certification within first 90 days of employment and continued employment in this position is contingent upon successful completion of professional certification.
Internal Transfers: New leaders who transfer within Duke University Health System will be required to complete within three months of becoming eligible.
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- 3 years of inpatient nursing experience required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- MSN preferred.
- Prior management experience highly preferred. This can include extensive charge nurse or team lead experience.
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
- Professional specialty certification required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.