- Requisition Number: 401565261
- Department: MEDICAL CENTER
- Location: Raleigh
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: First/Day
Inpatient Hospitalist NP/PA located at Duke Raleigh Hospital located on Wake Forest Rd , Raleigh for follow up with stroke vascular hospital patients plus inpatient rounding. Will also see general neurology patients as well.
Prefer candidates with prior NP/PA neurology experience.
Augment a physician's ability to provide medical services to patients; collect and document data,
Conduct diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, order and schedule laboratory studies and professional
Consultations and provide direct patient care services.
The APP provides medical care to adult patients in the Department of Duties may include but are not limited to those listed below and may include other outpatient procedures or services as deemed appropriate by the supervising physician.
Specific daily activities include:
• Record the history of present illness, past medical, family and social history
• Perform physical examinations
• Establish and follow a plan of care in conjunction with MD
• Prescribe appropriate medications to a specialty pharmacy that will handle prior authorization and other necessary paperwork; Order refills as needed
• Patient and family teaching
• Order appropriate labs, tests, and procedures and follow up with the patient(s) as needed
• Coordinate care and refer to other medical professionals as needed
• Respond to patient messages via clinic, telephone, and other patient encounters in the Epic (Maestro) system
• Review lab results in Maestro, communicate and interpret results
• Collaborate with nursing staff to complete Patient paperwork including medication pre-certifications for insurance companies, durable medical equipment requests, disability paperwork, and handicapped permit applications