- Requisition Number: 200988
- Department: DUKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Specialty: Rehabilitation
- Employment Status: Full Time
Duke Regional Hospital Duke Regional Hospital offers the personal touch and hometown feel of a community hospital while serving as an essential arm of internationally recognized Duke University Health System. Duke Regional has served Durham, Orange, Person, Granville and Alamance counties for more than 45 years. To be successful at caring for our community and have a strong reputation among patients who seek our care, we have 3,500 team members who work together to provide exceptional, compassionate and equitable healthcare 24/7. We are a place of learning and acceptance for team members just starting their careers, as well as an institution of family culture and professional development for employees who have served for decades in our hospital units.Duke Regional has 388 inpatient beds and offers a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and diagnostic services, including orthopedics, weight-loss surgery, women's services, and heart and vascular services. We also offer care at our Duke Rehabilitation Institute, Davis Ambulatory Surgical Center, Duke Ambulatory Surgery Center Arringdon, Health Services Center, and Duke Behavioral Health Center North Durham. In fiscal year 2021, Duke Regional Hospital admitted 16,422 patients, performed 18,152 surgeries and welcomed 2,673 babies into the world. U.S. News & World Report ranked Duke Regional Hospital as #9 in North Carolina and #4 in the Raleigh-Durham area for 2021-22. The Human Rights Campaign consistently names us a Healthcare Equality Leader, and we are a Joint Commission-accredited and Magnet-designated hospital.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Manage a designated caseload to coordinate and complete timely assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of discharge plans and care transitions across the continuum of care. Ensure optimum utilization of the patient's and the Health System's resources and perform these duties within the requirements of CMS and other external review agencies.
- Monitor daily census and assignment to assure all patients are assessed.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Case management needs including care coordination/transition and discharge planning, consultations, advocacy, education. Maintain effective communication with health care team members related to assessment findings, discharge planning needs and provider orders needed to arrange Homecare, Durable Medical Equipment, Transportation, Skilled Nursing or Acute Rehab Facility placement, Substance Abuse Treatment and outpatient follow-up.
- Maintain working knowledge of specific benefits and reimbursement guidelines, the discharge planning process and applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Provide education and guidance on these topics to providers, patients and families as needed.
- Work with Utilization Management partners to provide information and feedback that will enhance negotiations and denial prevention with payers.
- Maintain timely documentation of assessment findings, discharge arrangements and actions taken according to departmental guidelines; prepare reports and maintain records as requested and/or required.
- Participate in Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement (QAPI) activities as requested.
- Job responsibilities may include site specific duties, weekend/holiday or after hours coverage as designated at each entity.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with customers internal and external to Duke Health System.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to work effectively in a self-directed role Ability to multi-task, capable of daily problem-solving complex issues Excellent written and verbal skills Basic computer skills necessary
BSN or MSW required
3 years of relevant experience
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Requires Case Management Certification (ACM, CCM or ANCC) within 2 years or of hire. BSN required and must have current or compact RN licensure in state of NC. MSW
Job Code: 00005013 CASE MANAGER
Job Level: G2
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.