- Requisition Number: 100020119
- Department: HEALTH SYSTEM
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: First/Day
The Talent Acquisition Consultant will serve as an internal consultant to leaders and key stakeholders to effectively lead all aspects of the Talent Acquisition/Recruiting process. Reporting to the Nursing & Patient Care Services Talent Acquisition Director, the Talent Acquisition Consultant will provide strong and effective leadership, direction and professional expertise in all areas of sourcing, recruiting, selecting and retaining talented individuals for Duke University Health System. The Talent Acquisition Consultant delivers recruiting results in a fast paced, high energy environment, and strengthens the company’s image as the employer of choice. The Talent Acquisition Consultant is responsible for exceeding internal client expectations by identifying, attracting, and hiring top talent who fit the culture, mission and values of Duke University Health System in a timely and efficient manner.
The Talent Acquisition Consultant is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout Duke University Health System. This will be achieved through the development of local, regional and national (where applicable) recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas.
- Build and foster an employment brand that attracts key talent to the organization in the region.
- Maintains candidate slates and pipelines; builds talent communities
- Partner with other members HR Centers of Excellence (COE’s) to develop workforce plans to meet future staffing goals and drive a more diverse workforce.
- Maintain the high standard for talent at Duke University Health System, continuing to raise the bar and leading new ways to think creatively about talent acquisition for Duke into the future.
- Thought leaders in driving the direction and synthesis of the new candidate experience.
- Provide a high level of customer service in consulting with and guiding hiring managers in comprehensive recruitment and staffing issues, policies, and processes.
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain ongoing relationships with hiring managers in order to understand the business unit and its recruitment needs within the context of their mission; develop and maintain a strong rapport with key leaders in the department; attend departmental staff and other meetings as requested to acquire substantial knowledge about the department's business objectives, goals, operations and work culture.
- Set expectations (develop roles and responsibilities).
- Provide counsel and expertise in all areas of recruitment and staffing (e.g., search firms, and advertising.)
- Develop recruitment plan based on department needs that clearly define and commit to service and performance criteria; develop and review diversity plan with focused recruitment strategies; influence strategic staffing decisions such as succession planning, training, and career development.
- Execute recruitment plan by aggressively recruiting for well-qualified candidates from a variety of sources, managing selection process to include interviewing, assessing candidates, screening, and recommending finalists, and filling the staffing needs within the defined service and performance criteria.
- Provide consultation on a variety of human resource issues and work closely with all areas of Human Resource Department to facilitate effective Human Resource relationships; advise hiring manager regarding Orientation, Benefits, Compensation, and Payroll; provide basic benefits information to hiring managers and candidates; train departmental hiring managers on recruitment processes, interviewing techniques.
- Promote Duke at a variety of recruitment functions such as job fairs, university and college career days, and career events targeted for special populations.
- Collect and analyze data on demographics and hiring activity for use in designing recruitment plans. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Demonstrated appropriate customer service attitudes and services in a variety of work settings.
- Business acumen/competence: sufficient understanding of education and/or health care field(s) and specific departmental environments to elicit credibility with all levels of management and faculty.
- Demonstrated significant human resources management or recruitment experience in handling challenging human resource/recruitment issues in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic human resource functions such as compensation, benefits, employee/labor relations, training and development.
- Teamwork/Collaboration: demonstrated skills and abilities in collaborative efforts with experience in team/project oriented activities.
- Flexibility: demonstrated the ability to adapt to a variety of human resource issues with successful outcomes and demonstrate openness to new ideas and approaches.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of a diverse work environment and have demonstrated initiatives for recruiting for diversity.
- Interpersonal & Communication Skills: ability to relate well to people and work in cooperation with others to effectively coordinate activities in order to accomplish tasks.
- The candidate must also be able to communicate effectively through writing and oral presentations.
- PC/Technology Skills: basic proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, Internet and presentation software.
- Judgment: demonstrated ability to act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results.
Demonstrated a results orientation for delivering appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete and timely fashion.