- Requisition Number: 1011122018
- Department: DUKE HOSPITAL
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: Rotating
- Specialty: Women's Health/Birthing Center
Duke University Health System- Duke University Hospital seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Duke Birthing Center at Duke University Hospital is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.
This position is for the labor & delivery section of the Duke Birthing Center, where we provide care to antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum and newborn patients.
Prefer 1 year of labor/delivery experience
Prefer bilingual applicants
External applicants must have 1 full year of nursing experience
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full Time: 12 hour shifts (day/night rotate, weekends, and on-call to meet unit needs)
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
- Tuition Reimbursement & Loan Forgiveness!
As a Clinical Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Clinical Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Previous work experience (1+ years) as a clinical nurse is required.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
- Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Women's Health/Birthing Center