We want to make it easy for you to join the Duke Team.
If you don’t already have it, obtaining an RN license in North Carolina is the first step.
Apply for your license with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Look for Licensure & Listing at the top of the page. Expand Apply from the drop-down and then select Licensure by Endorsement.
You will need the following to apply:
- Name, location and year of graduation of your basic school of nursing.
- State, year and license number of original license by examination.
- State of current license and license number.
- Dates of employment and position(s) held for the last two (2) nursing employers.
- All U.S. Member Boards in which you have EVER been licensed with License Number and dates License held. Social Security number issued by U.S.
- Social Security number issued by the U.S. Social Security Administration.
- Verification from the original state of license and, if different, last state practiced.
- Criminal Background Check conducted by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
For more information, check out the NCBON website:
Bookmark this page so that you have all of the information that you need at your fingertips.