- Requisition Number: 101517174
- Department: DUKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: 7pm-7am
- Specialty: Pediatrics
The Special Care Nursery at Duke Regional Hospital is comprised of a 18-bed Level IIB nursery serving newborns greater than 32 weeks gestation. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.
The unit provides care for more than 400 infants each year. The multidisciplinary team actively participates in providing additional support for the infant that is moderately ill.
• Provides mechanical ventilation and/or CPAP for a brief duration
• Provides care for feeders and growers and those that require convalescent care.
• Stabilizes infants less than 32 weeks until the infant can be transferred to Duke University Hospital.
Ideal candidates will be able to function as a part of a large multidisciplinary team in a shared governance environment, and have a passion for developmental and family centered care.
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full time: 7pm-7:30am, 12-hour night shifts
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
- Tuition Reimbursement & Loan Forgiveness!
As a Clinical Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Clinical Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Previous work experience (1+ years) as a clinical nurse is required.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.